Fred Segal's Memoire Liquide

In preparation for LA Fashion Week a bouquet of lovely beauty bloggers got the behind-the-scenes scoop on Fred Segal. My most favorite perfume, Memoire Liquide Bespoke Perfumery, was created in 1984 by Robin Coe Hutshing, co-founder of Fred Segal. Today they created their 15,000th original scent (approximately), filed the recipe on a note card in their locked vault under my name, and made my day. My scent, although you'll never be able to order it because they refuse to duplicate a scent for anyone other than the original buyer, is a very precise combination of L'Orange Sanguine and Cane Sugar. They can also custom blend massage oil, lotion, or body butter with your scent. The scent in the bottle is phenomenal but apparently due to the PH of each person's skin it will smell differently on you than it will on me. The dear, dear man who worked with me to create a scent tailored to me remarked, “Oh! In the bottle it is so sweet and girly but on you it is well, I don't know if I can say this...but seductive?" Yes dear man you can say this. The good news is you no longer have to be in LA to visit the Memoire Liquid Organ. There is also one at Bendel's in New York.



Click Here