The Same Questions I Ask Everyone....With Anastasia Soare

I initially came to know the one-part human, two-parts goddess Anastasia Soare as Oprah's eyebrow guru. Now I patronize her Nordstrom Brow Studios whenever the eyebrow spas intersect with my travel plans in an effort to compare technician quality and training (all superb and trained by Ms. A.) In May of 2008 I fell in love with her Beverly Hills outpost while watching the legend herself sculpt Bella Sugar's eyebrows. Now, on the eve of her skincare line launch (created after a year of research in her native Romania) Anastasia lets us into her beauty empire with an exclusive interview and a preview of her new line.


What is your first memory of beauty products?
Going to the apothecary pharmacy with my mother in Romania so she could buy her favorite face cream which was mixed fresh for her on the spot. If I close my eyes I can remember the scent of the place in an instant.

At what age did you start wearing makeup?
16. I remember we were wearing a latex eye liner back then. I am sure the ingredients were not the safest but the look we were going for was Cleopatra and of course these days Amy Winehouse wears the same look. This liner was liquid and you applied it in a thick band around your eyes and it dried in latex and you could peal it off later. It would stay on 12 hours or more.

If you could apply only one product for the next month what would it be?
My Line Erasing Serum: it gives the skin and instant dewy glow and it reduces discoloration and redness. It’s like a youthful spring in a bottle.

If you could give one product to all women in the world what would it be?
My brow kit. The most common mistake I see women make is over-tweezing their brows. With the 5 products inside including stencils they can all achieve perfect brows at home.

If you could ban one harmful ingredient from all beauty products what would it be?
This isn’t an ingredient but I love animals so so much. I wish that absolutely all animal testing could be banned worldwide not just from cosmetics but also pharmaceuticals etc.

What is your favorite skincare ingredient?
Glycolic Acid. It really refines and smoothes my skin.

What is the last product you created?
Line Erasing Serum - it’s amazing.

Who is the business woman you most admire?
Oprah Winfrey, whenever I complain that I work too much, I just think of her schedule and quickly change my mind. She is a nonstop work horse who is truly interested in improving the way people live. I think the huge fame and money were never her ambition. They happened along the way and really her #1 priority was to grow with her fans. That’s what makes her my hero.

Whose beauty do you most admire?
Every single woman that works for it. It takes a lot to be a woman these. There are so many expectations to remain young and gorgeous forever. Hats off to all of us who start with beauty in the a.m. and end with it before bed.

What was your best Spa experience?
The Spa at Esperanza in Cabo San Lucas. Just stepping inside that place starts to tranquilize my senses. Aside from that it is such a gorgeous masterpiece dedicated to relaxation and rejuvenation that I insist on going four times a year.

Besides your own, what is your favorite brand?
I really like MAC. I have been a long time fan of their eye shadows even before I had my own line and I know I can find everything I need there.


Wise words from woman wealthy with beauty and aesthetic talent. We can't wait to reap the benefits of her Romanian skincare research trip. Many thanks to Anastasia for taking the time be with us and to her team for working with us to provide the product preview below. Here is a bit of what's to come. More details here.

Working with a team of experts and scientists, Anastasia developed Balkan Botanical™ Infusion, a blend of rare plant and herb extracts found only in the rich soil of Romania. This unique and exclusive blend has the power to soften, soothe and restore the skin’s natural radiance. Balkan Botanical™ Infusion is a key ingredient in Anastasia’s new skin care products.
The Line launch includes:

Line Erasing Serum: a lightweight blend of natural hydrators, Instalift™ Goji, and Anastasia’s exclusive Balkan Botanical™ Infusion. This serum improves the appearance of skin and helps reduce signs of aging.

Blue Lotus Mist: a perfect fusion of Balkan Botanical™ Infusion, hydrating water, and a soothing serum of flower extracts from South Africa, to help revive complexions and provide skin with an instant burst of radiance.

Neroli Night Crème: contains a complex of fruit and flower oils, combined with Balkan Botanical™ Infusion in a moisture rich, non-greasy formula.

Nourishing Eye Crème: an ultra-rich mix of essential oils and antioxidants, along with Balkan Botanical™ Infusion. Promotes smoother, firmer and hydrated skin for a more youthful appearance.

Hydrating Oil: features Jojoba, Borage, Black Currant & Meadowfoam Seed Oil which work together to provide ultimate hydration. Loveage, an aromatic oil, revives one’s spirit while our exclusive Balkan Botanical™ Infusion softens. Vital for thirsty, fatigued skin.

Sheer Moisture Crème: a hydrating and ultra-light SPF 30 day creme that works for all skin types. This truly innovative fragrance-free formula softens the skin and provides protection against UVA/UVB rays and free radicals that can cause signs of aging. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: